USDA identification images for Melba
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
Offspring of this variety
- 17 Feb 2015 Michael MurrayQUEBEC, CanadaWe had a Melba tree in our garden that toppled over a year ago. Loved the apples for early season eating, wonderful applesauce. We want to replace it.
- J Osman in Whitchurch, SHROPSHIRE
- Maurico Pipistrello in Gort, CO GALWAY
- Richard in Krakow,
Spring blossom records for this variety
Harvest records for this variety
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: McIntosh x Liveland Raspberry
- Originates from: Canada
- Introduced: 1898
- Developed by: Central Experiment Farm, Ottawa
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1925-021
- Country of origin: Canada
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Melba:
- Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards, Cumberland Center
- Hucks Orchard, South Charleston
- B&P Hitz Fruit Farm, Woodburn
- Verger Belliveau Orchard, Memramcook
- Apples of England (1948)