Welcome to Orange Pippin
If you are interested in apple varieties, pears, cherries or plums, or orchards where these fruits are grown, you have come to the right place.
- Information on over 600 apple varieties, with user reviews and a 'vote' feature.
- Listings for over 2,000 orchards, with easy to use search and mapping capabilities.
- Find orchards worldwide that grow an apple variety you may be looking for.
- Tree registry section with more than 4,000 individual trees registered, allowing growers to record their trees and log their blossom and harvest dates.
- Calendar of Apple Festivals and orchard events, if you are an event organisers send us details of your apple event.
- 800+ member forum board to discuss various topics surrounding orchards, apples and tree care.
Our website is named after England's most famous apple variety - Cox's Orange Pippin - widely regarded as the finest of all dessert apples.
'Pippin' is an old English word derived from the French word for 'seedling'. The same word can be seen in the modern French for a plant nursery or garden centre - 'pepiniere'. Like many old apple varieties Cox's Orange Pippin was discovered as a chance seedling.
Orchard owners - premium listings now available
Priority placement for your orchard in our listings - $125 per year - more details >>
Latest harvest records from registered fruit trees
- 4th week November 2017 Hauer Pippin owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- 3rd week November 2017 Granny Smith owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- 3rd week November 2017 Newtown Pippin owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- 2nd week November 2017 Annie Elizabeth owned by Tony in BLANDFORD FORUM, United Kingdom
- 2nd week November 2017 Christmas Pink® owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
Register your own fruit trees and record blossom and harvest records - more >>
Recent visitor comments about listed varieties
|03 Dec 2017||NicoleGA, United States|
Apple - SmittenSuperb. If you like fuji-types, you'll like this more >>
|30 Nov 2017||MaryIN, United States|
Apple - OpalescentJust got to experience the Opal apple! It is such a delicious snack apple. Sweet, but not too sweet and just the right amount of tartness with a hint of floral and fruity. I've been getting into apple variety for the past few years and this apple has made my top 3. more >>
|29 Nov 2017||TayAustralia|
Apple - Pink LadyOMG! YALL NEEED TO MAKE AN APPLE JUICE OUT OF THIS!!!!!! -PINK LADY APPLE JUICE more >>
|29 Nov 2017||AndyCA, United States|
Apple - SnowSweetI've only ever seen this apple in a pick-your-own orchard in Vermont, and I wish I could find it elsewhere, now that I've moved back to LA. As the name indicates, it is very sweet, but not at *all* a one-note, overly sweet variety. It is sweet and complex and a little bit cidery all at once. One of my faves! more >>
|27 Nov 2017||SandyMISSOURI, United States|
Apple - JazzAn excellent Apple! I did notice the slight hint of pear and also perhaps a subtle hint of a "citrus" taste. Since I love firm apples I was very impressed with the crisp, crunchy texture. A great surprise! more >>