Welcome to Orange Pippin
If you are interested in apple varieties, pears, cherries or plums, or orchards where these fruits are grown, you have come to the right place.
- Information on over 600 apple varieties, with user reviews and a 'vote' feature.
- Listings for over 2,000 orchards, with easy to use search and mapping capabilities.
- Find orchards worldwide that grow an apple variety you may be looking for.
- Tree registry section with more than 4,000 individual trees registered, allowing growers to record their trees and log their blossom and harvest dates.
- Calendar of Apple Festivals and orchard events, if you are an event organisers send us details of your apple event.
- 800+ member forum board to discuss various topics surrounding orchards, apples and tree care.
Our website is named after England's most famous apple variety - Cox's Orange Pippin - widely regarded as the finest of all dessert apples.
'Pippin' is an old English word derived from the French word for 'seedling'. The same word can be seen in the modern French for a plant nursery or garden centre - 'pepiniere'. Like many old apple varieties Cox's Orange Pippin was discovered as a chance seedling.
Orchard owners - premium listings now available
Priority placement for your orchard in our listings - $125 per year - more details >>
Latest spring blossom records from registered fruit trees
- 22nd April 2017 Apple - Swiss Limbertwig owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- 22nd April 2017 Apple - Moyer's Spice owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- 22nd April 2017 Myers' Royal Limbertwig owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- 22nd April 2017 Apple - Hoople's Antique Gold owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- 22nd April 2017 Apple - Summer Rose owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
Recent visitor comments about listed varieties
|19 Apr 2017||AliVT, United States|
Apple - Twenty OunceMrs L J Miller, Scott Farm in VT has these apples! If you're ever in the area, come pick some up! -Ali more >>
|18 Apr 2017||Scott Ct YankeeUnited States|
Apple - AceymacNot unpleasant, but definitely NOT a true Mac...Has appearance of a Delicious, peaked bottom around the core. And is sweeter and crunchier than a Mac, again more like a Delicious. close to fraud or deception to not mention the obvious cross with a delicious. more >>
|16 Apr 2017||LynneCOLORADO, United States|
Apple - HoneycrispAddicted to Honeycrisp! One of my favorite days of the year is the day they first arrive at the local market. Best of the best - they spoil it for the rest... more >>
|14 Apr 2017||Dave BeamerCALIFORNIA, United States|
Apple - Golden NobleIn Southern California, Golden Noble apples ripen fully in October and are very sweet. The apples grow large and have a yellow skin when ripe. It makes a great eating apple. more >>
|14 Apr 2017||Paul VincentCALIFORNIA, United States|
Apple - OpalBest Apple I've ever tasted. I feel like the last reviewer might not have had an actual Opal apple, because they're always a deep yellow color. Very juicy, very sweet, but for me the big thing is the skin. I HATE hard skin on apples. I don't have good teeth, so if the skin's too hard I'm chewing apple skin for 3-4 minutes every bite. This one has soft great skin, I can actually bite the apple itself. Favorite apple I've tried, and that's between 20-30 variety's. Opal I'll go anywhere to find. more >>