Catalia pearPyrus nivalis
USDA identification images for Catalia
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet. If you have a Catalia tree you can register it here.
- Species: Pyrus species - Pear
- Annual cycle: Deciduous
- Height after 10 years: 2.5m-3.5m / 8ft-12ft
- Growth rate: Slow
- Soil type: Clay
- Site conditions: Occasional drought
- Site conditions: Windy site
- Pruning: Do not prune
- Site conditions: Free-draining site
- Useful for: Open spaces
- Summer average maximum temperatures: Cool ( 20-24C / 68-75F)
- Summer average maximum temperatures: Warm (25-30C / 76-85F)
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.