Upton Pyne apple
USDA identification images for Upton Pyne
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- Stephen Boardman in Acton Park, TAS
Harvest records for this variety
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Unknown
- Originates from: Devon, England, United Kingdom
- Introduced: 1910
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1931-009
- Annual cycle: Deciduous
- Picking period: early October
- Wildlife: RHS Plants for Pollinators
- Pollinating others: Average
- Ploidy: Diploid
- Bearing regularity: Regular
- Summer average maximum temperatures: Cool ( 20-24C / 68-75F)
- Scab (Apple and Pear): Some resistance
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.
- Apples of England (1948)