Sierra Beauty apple
USDA identification images for Sierra Beauty
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 09 Mar 2021 FrankCA, United StatesExcellent keeper. In western Sonoma County (California) harvest is October, sometimes a little later. When thinned the fruit can be pretty large (for an apple). When stored in a cool garage they have kept into early March.
- 23 Oct 2011 Brad zCA (ALAMEDA CO.), United StatesI have a Sierra Beauty tree in my backyard and just now identified it. Made hard and sweet cider with the apples last year and it turned out great. I think the sweet/tart combo of this apple is ideal for cider making. Also made some nice apple butter with it as well. Good to just pick and eat, too.
- Alison Gardner in Albion, CALIFORNIA
- Andrea Dowdell in San Pedro, CA
- Brian Van Erem in Green Bay, WI
- Dave Beamer in Santa Barbara, CALIFORNIA
- David in Wilson, KS
- Don Gowan in Philo, CALIFORNIA
- Florian Deisenhofer in Brush Prairie, CLARK COUNTY WA
- James Nichols in La Luz, NEW MEXICO
- Jerry Hudgins in Point Reyes Station, CALIFORNIA
- Jesse in Kernersville, NC
- Michael Freeman in Ben Lomond, CA
- Nathan Parker in Mount Shasta, CA
- Richard Smith in Plymouth, MA
- Bill O'Keefe in Dobbinton, ONTARIO
Spring blossom records for this variety
- 15th May 2016 - tree owned by Brian in Green Bay, United States
- 10th May 2015 - tree owned by Brian in Green Bay, United States
- 29th May 2014 - tree owned by Brian in Green Bay, United States
- 20th April 2014 - tree owned by Dave in Santa Barbara, United States
- 18th May 2013 - tree owned by Brian in Green Bay, United States
- 5th May 2012 - tree owned by Florian in Brush Prairie, United States
- 6th April 2011 - tree owned by Don in Philo, United States
Harvest records for this variety
- 2nd week October 2013 - tree owned by Brian in Green Bay, United States
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Originates from: Boonville, California , United States
- Country of origin: United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.