USDA identification images for Silken
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 28 Aug 2013 MarilynBC, CanadaA friend brought some from Summerland. Wonderfully crisp and juicy. Amazing texture.
- 22 Sep 2012 KevinMA, United StatesI bought some at a Farmers' Market in Brookline in mid-September. Crisp with outstanding flavor. A hint of honey, nice texture. An excellent yellow apple.
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Honeygold x Sunrise
- Originates from: Canada
- Developed by: Agriculture Canada, Summerland, BC
- Country of origin: Canada
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Silken:
- Skipley Farm, Snohomish *** Feature Orchard ***