Red Gold apple
USDA identification images for Red Gold
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 23 Oct 2015 Steve BoliverMA, United StatesI have two 25 year old dwarf Red Gold trees which produced an extraordinary amount of apples this year. They are the best tasting apples you can imagine, sweet and juicy.
- 31 Jan 2012 Jerry MurphyAL, United StatesI've grown Red Gold for probably 20 years at my Tennessee home. The tree is loaded with small apples. I enjoy eating them straight from the tree. Excellent flavor.
- John Horrell in Petaluma, CALIFORNIA
Spring blossom records for this variety
Harvest records for this variety
- 2nd week October 2017 - tree owned by Ajay in Rohru, India
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Originates from: Cashmere, Washington, United States
- Introduced: 1946
- Developed by: F.A.Schell
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1951-025
- Country of origin: United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Red Gold:
- McClure's Orchard, Peru