USDA identification images for Milton
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- Peter Revell in Hemel Hempstead, HERTS
Harvest records for this variety
- July 2015 - tree owned by Roger in Madison Heights, United States
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Yellow Transparent x McIntosh
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 1909
- Developed by: Richard Wellington, New York State Agricultural Experiment Station
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1929-039
- Country of origin: United States
- Period of origin: 1900 - 1949
- Picking season: Early
- Flowering group: 2
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Milton:
- Country Corners Farm, Griswold
- Conant Orchards, Etna
- Charlton Orchard, Inc., Charlton
- Cedar-Apple Rust
Author: Stephen Vann, University of Arkansas, Division of Agriculture (FSA7538)
Rated as very resistant - no control needed against CAR.