Karin Schneider apple
USDA identification images for Karin Schneider
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
This variety is a sport (natural genetic mutation) of: Ingrid Marie - Also known as Red Ingrid Marie
- 06 Jul 2011 Kristian TjomslandNORWAY, United StatesThis apple is one of my favorites! The skin is not yellow as stated in the «tasting notes» but red. It has a stong aromatic flavor and relatively high acidity. I live in Norway, but Norway wasn't in Your list :(
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet. If you have a Karin Schneider tree you can register it here.
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Sport of Ingrid Marie
- Originates from: Denmark
- Developed by: Mr Schneider
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1965-025
- Country of origin: Denmark
- Picking season: Late
- Flavour quality: Good
- Food uses: Eating fresh
- Flowering group: 4
- Ploidy: Diploid
- Vigour: Average vigour
- Self-fertility: Not self-fertile
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.