Ruby Jon apple
USDA identification images for Ruby Jon
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 17 Sep 2011 Fran SmithMARYLAND/MONTGOMERY, United Statesi bought these apples at a farm stand in prince georges county Maryland. The apples may have been grown in Maryland or Pennsylvania. I agree with the description, but would add "tart". It is a perfect apple to eat as is.
- Nickschweitzer@Comcast.Net in Sparta, MICHIGAN (MI)
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Sport of Jonathan
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Ruby Jon:
- Lang's Orchard, Woodstock
- Sweetland Orchard, Webster
- Centennial Farms, Augusta
- Justus Orchards, Hendersonville
- Hidden Hills Orchard, Marietta
- Beilke Family Farm, Brooks
- Tonnemaker Hill Farm, Royal City
- Sutter's Ridge Orchard, Mt Horeb