USDA identification images for Runkel
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet. If you have a Runkel tree you can register it here.
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Chance seedling
- Originates from: Lincoln Park, Michigan, United States
- Introduced: 1940
- Country of origin: United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Runkel:
- Knaebe's "Mmmunchy Krunchy" Apple Farm Cider Mill, Rogers City