USDA identification images for Jonagored
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
This variety is a sport (natural genetic mutation) of: Jonagold
- 09 Oct 2017 Patricia AllingtonUnited KingdomLove these apples, they are so good to eat, prefer them to any other variety. Bought 3 small trees in the late 70s, early 80s and now get a lovely crop.
- 02 Sep 2013 Istvan SiklodiHungaryGreat variety, better that Jonagold Decosta or Jonica!
- Todd a Taylor in COCHRANTON, PA
Spring blossom records for this variety
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Sport of Jonagold
- Originates from: Halen, Belgium
- Introduced: 1985
- Developed by: Jos Morren
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1987-056
- Country of origin: Belgium
- Period of origin: 1950 - 1999
- Picking season: Late
- Flowering group: 1
- Pollinating others: Poor
- Ploidy: Triploid
- Self-fertility: Not self-fertile
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Jonagored:
- Lehman Family Orchard, LLC, Spickard
- Gray's Apple Ridge Orchard, Jonestown
- Orchard Store at Old Homestead, Franksville