USDA identification images for Spijon
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet. If you have a Spijon tree you can register it here.
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Red Spy x Monroe (Jonathan x Rome)
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 1968
- Developed by: New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, NY
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1969-040
- Country of origin: United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Spijon:
- Marquam Meadows Fruit Company, Molalla
- Cedar-Apple Rust
Author: Stephen Vann, University of Arkansas, Division of Agriculture (FSA7538)
Rated as susceptible - control usually needed where CAR is prevalent.