USDA identification images for Richelieu
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 21 Sep 2017 KrystalON, CanadaBest apple, to my taste. Better than honey crisp in my opinion more real apple taste with good balance of tart and sweet.
- 03 Sep 2015 Jane PatrickBROME, CanadaI love the Richelieu Apple--great flavour, crispness, juicy, size.
- Jane Patrick in Sutton, BROME
Harvest records for this variety
- 2nd week August 2015 - tree owned by Jane in Sutton, Canada
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Ottawa-521 x Ottawa-541
- Originates from: Canada
- Introduced: 1990
- Developed by: Agriculture Canada, Quebec
- Country of origin: Canada
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.