Redwell appleMalus domestica
USDA identification images for Redwell
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 22 Apr 2012 ChuckMINNESOTA, United StatesI would rate it 3 for eating. For baking-5. Exceptionally smooth and mellow for crisp and pie. Holds a soft slice. Cooking brings out its best qualities.
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet. If you have a Redwell tree you can register it here.
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Wealthy x Alexander seedling
- Introduced: 1946
- Developed by: University of Minnesota
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1951-065
- Country of origin: United States
- Period of origin: 1900 - 1949
- Developer: University of Minnesota
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Redwell:
- BYU-Idaho Apple Orchard Museum, Rexburg
- Krause Family Orchard & Nursery Inc., Glenham