Red Royal Limbertwig apple
One of the best for eating fresh, for apple butter, and cider - an all purpose apple. Apple is large, round, and some will be a bit conical. Red and greenish yellow with stripe and white dots. Very aromatic, firm, and crisp, very rich unusual pleasing taste.
USDA identification images for Red Royal Limbertwig
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- Axel Kratel in Santa Cruz, CALIFORNIA
- David Black in Bentonville, ARKANSAS
- Douglas e Mason in Union Grove, NC
- Jerry Hudgins in Point Reyes Station, CALIFORNIA
- Mark Bartel in Hagerstown, MARYLAND
- Paul Grochowski in Floyd, VIRGINIA
Spring blossom records for this variety
- 27th April 2020 - tree owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- 7th May 2018 - tree owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
Record your blossom dates in our Fruit Tree Register - more >>.
Harvest records for this variety
- 3rd week October 2019 - tree owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.