Pink Pearmain® apple
USDA identification images for Pink Pearmain
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 06 Nov 2016 Christopher HerbstCA / HUMBOLDT COUNTY, United StatesJust tasted this variety this year. Nice tasty blend of sweet and tart, though definitely on the sweet side. Crisp and easy to bite into. Great pink flesh inside. Medium late ripening for the pink fleshed apples I'm familiar with. I'm surprised this apple isn't better known. It's a winner!
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 1970
- Developed by: Albert Etter
- Country of origin: United States
- Vitamin C content: Low
- Flowering group: 1
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Pink Pearmain: