Merton Delight apple
Size medium, shape intermediate to flat, skin yellow, striped pinkish red. Flesh tender, crisp, creamy. Flavor sweet to subacid.
USDA identification images for Merton Delight
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet. If you have a Merton Delight tree you can register it here.
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Cox's Orange Pippin x Golden Russet
- Originates from: London, England, United Kingdom
- Introduced: 1930s
- Developed by: John Innes Institute
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1978-307
- Country of origin: United Kingdom
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Merton Delight:
- Salt Spring Apple Company, Salt Spring Island