Mendocino Cox apple
Yellow with red stripes.
USDA identification images for Mendocino Cox
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 24 Jan 2012 Garry BuriesCALIFORNIA/YUBA, United StatesJust got my first crop of Mendo Cox apples last Fall from trees planted in 2009. They were extremely flavorful--I'd give them a 5.
- Barbara Gallios in San Francisco, CA
- Jerry Hudgins in Point Reyes Station, CALIFORNIA
Spring blossom records for this variety
- May 2018 - tree owned by Barbara in San Francisco, United States
Record your blossom dates in our Fruit Tree Register - more >>.
Harvest records for this variety
- September 2018 - tree owned by Barbara in San Francisco, United States
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Sport of Cox's Orange Pippin
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.