Golden Supreme apple
USDA identification images for Golden Supreme
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 30 Oct 2017 Gwen MooreCO, United StatesAbsolutely great apple, my favorite yellow. Juicy, sweet, beautiful. My supplier lost his trees in a very hard fall freeze. I hope I can find them again.
- 26 Aug 2013 SarahMISSOURI, United StatesI tried this apple for the first time this year. It was incredibly crisp and I was awestruck at how much the fruit had the deep, rich flavor of honey. Very low acidity with a clean aftertaste. Appearance is attractive; mostly yellow skin with a pink-to-red blush. Cream flesh. Incredibly juicy. I am growing the tree at home in a 7-gallon container and it's about 3-4 years old and 6 feet tall. The tree itself appears to be resistant to cedar apple rust here in Missouri (big issue with my Gibson Golden tree), which was a nice surprise! Neighboring apple trees: Winecrisp, Gibson Golden, Arkansas Black. Beware: Squirrels are a big fan of the fruit and will steal it away before you even know it's ready for picking!
- 17 Oct 2012 Sharon GrantNY, United StatesWe discovered this apple variety two years ago. We have only found one person who sells it at a local farmers market, and sadly, we learned he had to stop selling this year due to health problems. As far as we can tell, few sellers have even heard of this variety. It is nicely sweet, almost peach flavored. We were told it is available early, by the end of August, and is gone by mid-September. Hoping to find another seller next summer/fall!
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Chance seedling. Not a sport of Golden Delicious.
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Golden Supreme:
- BYU-Idaho Apple Orchard Museum, Rexburg
- Lewis Orchards and Farm Market, Cavetown
- Berlin Orchards, Berlin
- Lull Farm, Hollis
- Costanzas' Orchards and A-Bee Honey, Edgewood
- Kiyokawa Family Orchards, Mount Hood Parkdale
- Blue Haven Orchards, Long Creek
- Tonnemaker Hill Farm, Royal City
- Ecker's Apple Farm, Trempealeau
- Salt Spring Apple Company, Salt Spring Island