Bushey Grove apple
USDA identification images for Bushey Grove
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
Parents and other ancestors of this variety
- Bismarck (parent)
Harvest records for this variety
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Bismarck ? x Queen ?
- Originates from: Bushey, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
- Introduced: 1897
- Developed by: Mr J. T. Good
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1924-057
- Country of origin: United Kingdom
- Keeping (of fruit): 1-2 months
- Flavour quality: Good
- Flavour style (apples): Sharper
- Cropping: Heavy
- Food uses: Culinary
- Flowering group: 3
- Ploidy: Diploid
- Vigour: Vigorous
- Attractive features: Attractive flowers
- Self-fertility: Not self-fertile
- Climate suitability: Temperate climates
Where to buy trees
The following tree nurseries offer Bushey Grove apple trees for sale:
- Keepers Nursery
United Kingdom More >>
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.
- Apples of England (1948)