75% red over color on yellow background. Medium sized, mid- season maturing fruit. Resembles Golden Delicious, but firmer fleshed. Weakly flavored, sweet-tart, crisp and juicy.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Open pollinated Golden Delicious
- Originates from: Japan
- Introduced: 1975
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1960
- UK National Fruit Collection accession number: 1981-115
Tsugaru identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Tsugaru identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Tsugaru trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Dan Spratlen in CAMANO ISLAND, WASHINGTON
- Dave Miller in CAMAS, WASHINGTON
- Karen In Wa in QUILCENE, WA
Latest harvest records for this variety
Where to buy apples
United Statesmap >
- Jonamac Orchards, Malta
- Haury Farms, Salem
- Skipley Farm, Snohomish
- Cattleana Ranch, Poygan Township/Omro
British Columbiamap >