Sir Prize apple
USDA identification images for Sir Prize
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 16 Mar 2014 GaryILLINOIS, United StatesThis is a superb dessert apple for baking. Hard to find - grab some and make a apple crisp if the opportunity presents.
- Florian Deisenhofer in Brush Prairie, WA
Harvest records for this variety
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Golden Delicious x PRI 14-152
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 1975
- Developed by: PRI (Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois Co Op)
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1974-180
- Country of origin: United States
- Pollinating others: Poor
- Ploidy: Triploid
- Self-fertility: Not self-fertile
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Sir Prize:
- Freedom Farms - Apple & Peach Orchard, Chatsworth
- Tiny Orchards, Saco