USDA identification images for Shay
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 12 Oct 2013 Will WoodUnited StatesWe have a Shay grafted on Mark stock. It is a reliable producer and a delightful Macintosh style apple. The Shay is our most disease resistant apple. Our other apples may show scab or have some coddling moth issues, but the shays look like they came from the store. They keep well.
Harvest records for this variety
- 4th week September 2012 - tree owned by Kim in Shoreline, United States
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Originates from: United States
- Developed by: Oregon State Experiment Station
- Country of origin: United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.