USDA identification images for Porter
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 18 May 2016 Blair ScoresbyUTAH, United StatesLooking for source to purchase a Porter apple tree or scion wood.
Harvest records for this variety
- 4th week September 2011 - tree owned by Aime in Corinth, United States
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Originates from: Massachusetts, United States
- Introduced: 1840
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1950-036
- Country of origin: United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Porter:
- Seek No Further Orchard, Hebron
- Wilson's Orchard, Iowa City
- Alber's Orchard & Cider Mill, Manchester
- Gould Hill Farm, Contoocook