USDA identification images for Holly
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 13 Oct 2011 Edith NewmanILLINOIS, United StatesVery good apple nicely sweet with just the right amount of tartness. I never heard of this apple before today. I bought it at Whole Foods. It has a unique flavor and will buy again.
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet. If you have a Holly tree you can register it here.
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Jonathan x Delicious
- Originates from: United States
- Developed by: Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center
- Country of origin: United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Holly: