/ 4 see reviews
High quality fine flavored eating apple. It has inherited the good eating qualities of it's parents with the rich flavor of Jonathan and the white juicy flesh of Macoun. Shiny bright red over yellow skin with a prominent dotting.
USDA identification images for Holiday
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- 29 Apr 2023 AndyLINDA, try Sage's Fruit Farm in Chardon, Oh onn Route 6 to get some of these apples. Their website says they have them usually though May.
- 25 Apr 2023 LindaThe only apple I will eat. Please tell me where to find them in NE Ohio. I haven’t eaten one in 9 years. PLEASE.
- 26 Nov 2022 LauraAt the orchard where I help out in Ohio, the apple pickers all really gave a thumbs-up to this apple!
- 18 Jul 2021 Tom DavidsonUT, United StatesI am disappointed in myself that I have not planted this tree. A local grower that has a thriving seasonal fruit stand does though. It is certainly not their most sought after apple, which seems a shame, it eats well fresh, stores at least as well as Jonathan (not great but good),cooks up nice and judging by the 7 gallons of cider we made last fall it drinks nicely too. It ferments pale and clear but the flavor is robust. The ph was a bit higher than I’d like but here in the heat of the Intermountain West lots of apples are. I don’t have anything to offer about the tree but the grower has plenty every year so it must be pretty good.
- Barron in STEWARTSTOWN, PA
- Species: Malus domestica - Apple
- Parentage: Jonathan and Macoun (McIntosh x Jersey Black)
- Originates from: Ohio, United States
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1965-034
- Country of origin: United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
The following orchards grow Holiday:
- Doud's Countyline Orchard, Wabash
- Wilson's Orchard, Iowa City
- Johnston Fruit Farms, Swanton
- Ochs Fruit Farm, Lancaster
- Shaw Orchards, Stewartstown