Conical shaped apple with streaky red blush, crackled with russet that masks large tan lenticels. Light Yellow green flesh. Very juicy and sweet, tempered with a little tartness.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Sport of Jonagold
- Originates from: Halen, Belgium
- Introduced: 1985
- Developed by: Jos Morren
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1753
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1987-056
- Harvest period: Late season
- Flowering period: Early season
- Flowering group: 1
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Triploid
- Pollinating others: Poor
- Period of origin: 1950 - 1999
Relationships to other varieties
This variety is a sport (natural genetic mutation) of:
Jonagored identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Jonagored identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Jonagored trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
Where to buy fresh fruit
United Statesmap >
- Lehman Family Orchard, LLC, Spickard
New Yorkmap >
- Gray's Apple Ridge Orchard, Jonestown
- Orchard Store at Old Homestead, Franksville