Fruit is medium-large, full red and sweet.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: PRI 123249 x PRI 1235-100
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 1988
- Developed by: PRI (Purdue Rutgers Illinois Co Op)
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1669
- Cedar apple rust - Some resistance
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
References and further reading about this variety
- Cedar-Apple Rust
Author: Stephen Vann, University of Arkansas, Division of Agriculture (FSA7538)
Rated as resistant - control only needed under high disease pressure.
- PRI info
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Dayton trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- John Angel in BARONGAROOK WEST, VICTORIA
- Katrina Richards in NELSON,
Latest harvest records for this variety
Where to buy fresh fruit
United Statesmap >
- Crosby's Orchard, Lawrenceburg
- Countryside Orchard, Lansing
- Hidden Hollow Orchard and Wildlife Sanctuary, Louisville
North Carolinamap >
- Creasman Farms, Hendersonville
- Skipley Farm, Snohomish *** Feature Orchard ***