Large nearly solid red or red striped over green fruit. Very sweet with crisp juicy flesh. Fine flavor. Core smaller than McIntosh. Excellent eating quality.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: McIntosh x Golden Delicious
- Originates from: British Columbia, Canada
- Introduced: 1926
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1918
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1963-107
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Spencer trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- James Dierberger in HEBRON, CT
- Nikhil Chauhan in SHIMLA, HIMACHAL PRADESH
Where to buy fresh fruit
United Statesmap >
- Allyn's Red Barn, Ledyard
- Chandler's Farm, Fillmore
- Wilson's Orchard, Iowa City
New Hampshiremap >
British Columbiamap >
- Salt Spring Apple Company, Salt Spring Island
- Organics Farm, Markham