Attractive, high quality, yellow washed with crimson fruit. Very white, firm, crisp, sweet flesh. A sweet subacid flavor.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: McIntosh x Liveland Raspberry
- Originates from: Canada
- Introduced: 1898
- Developed by: Central Experiment Farm, Ottawa
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1787
- UK National Fruit Collection accession number: 1925-021
Relationships to other varieties
Offspring of this variety:
Melba identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Melba identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Melba trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- David Holman in CUMBERLAND, ME
- J Osman in WHITCHURCH, SHROPSHIRE
- Maurico Pipistrello in GORT, CO GALWAY
- Richard in KRAKOW,
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- April 2014 - tree owned by J in WHITCHURCH, United Kingdom
- May 2011 - tree owned by v in LUCKNOW, Canada
Latest harvest records for this variety
Where to buy fresh fruit
United Statesmap >
- Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards, Cumberland Center
- McIntosh Orchard, Mt. Pleasant
- Hucks Orchard, South Charleston
- B&P Hitz Fruit Farm, Woodburn
New Brunswickmap >
- Verger Belliveau Orchard, Memramcook