Attractive, high quality, yellow washed with crimson fruit. Very white, firm, crisp, sweet flesh. A sweet subacid flavor.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: McIntosh x Liveland Raspberry
- Originates from: Canada
- Introduced: 1898
- Developed by: Central Experiment Farm, Ottawa
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 178700
Relationships to other varieties
Offspring of this variety:
- Redfree (distant descendant)
Melba identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Melba identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Melba trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- David Holman in CUMBERLAND, ME
- J Osman in WHITCHURCH, SHROPSHIRE
- Maurico Pipistrello in GORT, CO GALWAY
- Richard in KRAKOW,
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- May 2011 - tree owned by v in LUCKNOW, Canada