Doyenne d'Ete pear
USDA identification images for Doyenne d'Ete
The identification paintings in the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection span the years 1886 to 1942.
Citation: U.S. Department of Agriculture Pomological Watercolor Collection. Rare and Special Collections, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- Species: Pyrus communis - Pear
- Originates from: Belgium
- Introduced: early 1800s
- Developed by: Van Mons
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 2001-049
- Country of origin: Belgium
- Period of origin: 1800 - 1849
- Flavour style (apples): Sweeter
- Food uses: Eating fresh
- Flowering group: 3
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.
- The Fruit Manual