Louise Bonne of Jersey pear
A pretty flushed French pear with a sweet vinous flavor, and buttery melting flesh.
- Species: Pyrus communis
- Originates from: Avranches, France
- Introduced: 1788
- Developed by: M. Longueval
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 2030
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1976-154
- Fruit size: Medium
- Flowering period: Early-Mid season
- Flowering group: 3
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Other incompatibility group: Williams pear group
- Scab - Some resistance
- Fireblight - Some resistance
Relationships to other varieties
Offspring of this variety:
References and further reading about this variety
- Scab factories
Author: Adrian Baggely
- The Book of Pears (2015)
- The Fruit Manual
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Louise Bonne of Jersey trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Peter Revell in HEMEL HEMPSTEAD, Herts