Sir Prize apple
Large greenish yellow fruit. High quality, but very thin tender skin that bruises easily. Very sweet, scented taste, crisp & juicy.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Golden Delicious x PRI 14-152
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 1975
- Developed by: PRI (Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois Co Op)
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1912
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1974-180
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Triploid
- Pollinating others: Poor
Sir Prize identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Sir Prize identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Sir Prize trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Florian Deisenhofer in BRUSH PRAIRIE, WA
- Katrina Richards in NELSON,
- Owen.E@Convex.Co.Nz in HAMILTON, NEW ZEALAND
- Ss_Martin@Hotmail.Co.Uk in AUCKLAND,