Earligold is a medium to large, round-conical apple that is one of the earlier apples of the season. Taste is a little on the tart side but good tasting for an early apple. Apple does have good storage life and retains its flavor reasonably well. USPP #4,820.
As an early season apple, Earligold is a good eating and cooking apple.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Chance seedling
- Originates from: Selah, Washington, United States
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1676
- Fruit colour: Green - Whitish yellow / green skin
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Uses: Cooking
- Flavour style: Sharper
- Harvest period: Early season
- Flowering period: Early season
- Fertility: Self-fertile
Earligold identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Earligold trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Kent Reinke in Buhl, IDAHO
- Kristi Kay-Aslin in Victor, ID
- Nickschweitzer@Comcast.Net in Sparta, MICHIGAN (MI)
- Randy Jensen in Ceresco, NE
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- April 2015 - tree owned by Kristi in Victor, United States
Latest harvest records for this variety
- October 2015 - tree owned by Kristi in Victor, United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
United Statesmap >
- Crow Mountain Orchard, Fackler
- Beatty's Orchard, Hereford
- Red Mountain Ranches, Cedaredge
- BYU-Idaho Apple Orchard Museum, Rexburg
- Reed Valley Orchard, Paris
New Mexicomap >
- Tonnemaker Hill Farm, Royal City