Clark's Seedling apple
An English culinary apple from the 1920s, uncertain origins. Widely known as Royal George.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: East Bridgeford, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
- Introduced: 1920s
- Developed by: Mr Clark
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 2422
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1957-265
- Uses: Cooking
- Harvest period: Late season
- Flowering period: Early season
- Flowering group: 2
- Vigour: Slightly large
- Period of origin: 1900 - 1949
Also known as
- Royal George
References and further reading about this variety
- Apples of England (1948)
Clark's Seedling identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Clark's Seedling identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet.
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.