Broadholme Beauty apple
A mild-flavoured cooking apple, related to James Grieve.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: James Grieve seedling
- Originates from: Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
- Introduced: 1980s
- Developed by: Mr Henry Lovely
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 4403
- Uses: Cooking
- Cooking result: Keeps shape
- Flavour quality: Average
- Flavour style: Sweeter
- Harvest period: Late season
- Use / keeping: 1-2 months
- Flowering period: Mid season
- Flowering group: 3
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Gardening skill: Average
- Period of origin: 1950 - 1999
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
- James Grieve (parent)
Fruit tree register
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet.
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.