Broad-eyed pippin apple
A good quality and very old English culinary apple.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Unknown
- Originates from: England, United Kingdom
- Introduced: Late 1600s
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1151
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1929-029
- Bultitude apple group: 1. Green, smooth, no russet, acidic, culinary
- Flavour quality: Good
- Use / keeping: 3 months or more
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
Also known as
- Holland Pippin
- Kirton Pippin
References and further reading about this variety
- Apples of England (1948)
Broad-eyed pippin identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Broad-eyed pippin identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Broad-eyed pippin trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.