One of the best late fall varieties for dessert, sauce, cider, juice and storage. Doesn't shrivel. Medium sized, glossy green, red flushed fruit. White flesh, very crisp, juicy and tender, resembles NorthernSpy in taste.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: New York, United States
- Introduced: 1790s
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1970
- UK National Fruit Collection accession number: 1976-149
- Flesh colour: White
- Fruit size: Medium
- Harvest period: Late season
Relationships to other varieties
Offspring of this variety:
Wagener identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Wagener identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Wagener trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Jeannine Caldbeck in THETIS ISLAND, BRITISH COLUMBIA
Where to buy apples
United Statesmap >
- Plowshares Community Farm, Gorham
- Alber's Orchard & Cider Mill, Manchester
New Hampshiremap >