Large, dull yellow fruit with russet dots. Uncommon flavor and richness, spicy and aromatic. The creamy white flesh is firm textured with a sweet and aromatic flavor and the flavor will improve with storage. It will soften and mellow somewhat like a pear until slightly soft at which time it has velvety, tender and beautifully balanced flesh.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: New York, United States
- Introduced: Before 1770
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1941
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1948-180
Swaar identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Swaar identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Swaar trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Axel Kratel in Santa Cruz, California
- James Dierberger in HEBRON, CT
- Stephen Sain in LOS LUNAS, NEW MEXICO
Where to buy fresh fruit
United Statesmap >
- Seek No Further Orchard, Hebron
- Lamb Abbey Orchards, Union
- Alber's Orchard & Cider Mill, Manchester
- Skipley Farm, Snohomish *** Feature Orchard ***