A popular commercial apple variety in New Zealand.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Unknown
- Originates from: New Zealand
- Introduced: 1950s
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1187
- UK National Fruit Collection accession number: 1961-074
- Flowering period: Mid-Late season
- Flowering group: 4
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
Relationships to other varieties
Offspring of this variety:
Splendour identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Splendour identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Splendour trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Melanie Henkel in SEDDON, VICTORIA