Yellow skin is blushed red-orange and dotted with conspicuous white lenticels. Sweet, very honeyed, pale yellow flesh, but of little taste or acidity of fruit. Shares same parentage as Mutsu.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Indo x Golden Delicious
- Originates from: Japan
- Introduced: 1940s
- Developed by: Aomori Apple Research Station?
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1821
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1981-117
- Fruit colour: Yellow / Gold
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Harvest period: Late season
- Vigour: Average growth
- Fruit bearing: Tip-bearer
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
Siblings of this variety (same parentage):
Orin identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Orin identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Orin trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Katrina Richards in NELSON,