Hudson's Golden Gem apple
Excellent eating apple. Large conical and elongated fruit. Dull yellow russet skin. Crisp, sugary flesh with nutty flavor.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Unknown seedling
- Originates from: Oregon, United States
- Introduced: 1931
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1745
- Flesh colour: Yellow to Very Yellow
- Fruit size: Medium
- Fruit size: Variable
- Harvest period: Late season
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Hudson's Golden Gem trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Albany Apple Guy in CASTLETON, NY
- Alison Gardner in ALBION, CALIFORNIA
- Dan Spratlen in CAMANO ISLAND, WASHINGTON / USA
- Dave Beamer in SANTA BARBARA, CALIFORNIA
- David M. Taylor in TWO RIVERS, WI
- Don Mcivor in TWISP, WA
- Glenn Grossman in VANCOUVER, WASHINGTON
- Jim Gana in HALLSTEAD, PA
- Larry Landis in CORVALLIS, OREGON
- Marsha Hanchrow in PORTLAND, OR
- Robert Niles in OAK HARBOR, WASHINGTON
- Ron Fischer in ORION, IL.
- Ryan in POWAY, California
Latest harvest records for this variety
Where to buy apples
United Statesmap >
- Third Street Apples, Penrose
- Alber's Orchard & Cider Mill, Manchester
New Hampshiremap >
New Yorkmap >
- Albany Apple Guy: Purveyor of Rare & Exotic Apples, Castleton
- Black Diamond Farm, Trumansburg