Gourmet dessert apple with a flavor and aroma like pineapple. Large, yellow fruit with light pinkish orange striping gives overall orange appearance. Exceptionally sweet flavor is largely influenced by Gravenstein.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Golden Delicious x Gravenstein
- Introduced: 1945
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1729
- Flesh colour: White to Cream, pale yellow
- Flesh colour: Yellow to Very Yellow
- Fruit size: Medium
- Fruit size: Variable
- Russet % coverage: Low
- Harvest period: Mid season
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Hawaii trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Axel Kratel in Santa Cruz, California
- Brian Van Erem in GREEN BAY, WI
- Darren Peters in ROCK SPRING, GEORGIA
- Glenda in Gold Hill, OR
- Jerry Hudgins in Point Reyes Station, California
- Roger Miller in MADISON HEIGHTS, VA
- Bill O'Keefe in DOBBINTON, ONTARIO
Latest harvest records for this variety
Where to buy fresh fruit
United Statesmap >
- Freedom Farms - Apple & Peach Orchard, Chatsworth
- Pleasant View Orchard, Fairland
- B&P Hitz Fruit Farm, Woodburn
- Rosabella's Garden, Bow
British Columbiamap >