Golden Pippin apple
Yellow colored with a sharp, intense fruity flavor.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: Sussex, England, United Kingdom
- Introduced: 1629
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1715
- UK National Fruit Collection accession number: 1946-024
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Uses: Cooking
- Uses: Juice
- Uses: Hard cider
- Cropping: Heavy
- Flowering period: Mid season
- Flowering group: 3
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Vigour: Average growth
- Gardening skill: Average
- Fruit bearing: Spur-bearer
- General disease resistance: Good
- Climate suitability: Temperate climates
- Climate suitability: Tolerates cold winters
- Scab - Very resistant
Relationships to other varieties
Offspring of this variety:
Golden Pippin identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Golden Pippin identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Golden Pippin trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Tv15 in BASINGSTOKE,
- Dan Kissane in KILLARNEY, CO KERRY