Good sauce and culinary apple. Large, green fruit turning to light green upon ripening. Sometimes over 6 inches in diameter. Subacid to mildly sweet flavor.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: Pennsylvania, United States
- Introduced: Mid 1800s
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1689
- Flesh colour: White
- Flesh colour: White to Cream, pale yellow
- Flesh colour: White to Greenish to Greenish Yellow
- Flesh colour: Yellow to Very Yellow
- Fruit size: Medium
- Fruit size: Large
- Fruit size: Very large
- Harvest period: Late season
Fallawater identification photos from official fruit collections
Fallawater identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Fallawater trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Diane Patton in MEADVILLE, PA
- Kris And Bruce in HOLDEN, MAINE
- Paul Grochowski in FLOYD, VIRGINIA
- Pollyanne in WYTHEVILLE, VA
- Ronald Wolfe in MONTICELLO, ILLINOIS
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- April 2013 - tree owned by Diane in MEADVILLE, United States
- May 2011 - tree owned by Kris in HOLDEN, United States
- May 2010 - tree owned by Kris in HOLDEN, United States
Latest harvest records for this variety
- October 2010 - tree owned by Kris in HOLDEN, United States