Last updated 17 Apr 2013.
Heart shaped. Firm, excellent slightly spicy flavour. Good balance of sweetness and acidity.
- Species: Prunus avium
- Originates from: http://www.griba.it/fileadmin/user_upload/Sortenbe, Czech Republic
- Introduced: 1981
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1526
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 2002-072
- Fruit colour: Dark Red
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Harvest period: Mid season
- Flowering period: Mid-Late season
- Flowering group: 4
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Cherry incompatibility group: Group 6
- Climate suitability: Temperate climates
- Blossom frost-resistance: Susceptible
- Canker - Very resistant
- Fruit splitting - Very resistant
Relationships to other varieties
Offspring of this variety:
Also known as
- Techlovicka II
References and further reading about this variety
Year and origins
Fruit tree register
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet.
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.