75% red over color on yellow background. Medium sized, mid- season maturing fruit. Resembles Golden Delicious, but firmer fleshed. Weakly flavored, sweet-tart, crisp and juicy.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Open pollinated Golden Delicious
- Originates from: Japan
- Introduced: 1975
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1960
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1981-115
Tsugaru identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Tsugaru identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Tsugaru trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Dan Spratlen in CAMANO ISLAND, WASHINGTON
- Dave Miller in CAMAS, WASHINGTON
- Gil in SNOHOMISH, Washington
- Karen In Wa in QUILCENE, WA
- Caleb Fuller in YOSHITOMI, FUKUOKA
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- 20th April 2016 - tree owned by Caleb in YOSHITOMI, Japan
- 15th April 2015 - tree owned by Gil in SNOHOMISH, United States
Latest harvest records for this variety
- 2nd week September 2015 - tree owned by Gil in SNOHOMISH, United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
United Statesmap >
- Jonamac Orchards, Malta
- Tiny Orchards, Saco
- Haury Farms, Salem
- Skipley Farm, Snohomish *** Feature Orchard ***
- Cattleana Ranch, Poygan Township/Omro
British Columbiamap >