Fruits very good quality. Medium large, skin yellow, red striped, round, oblate, conical with mild flavor.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Unknown seedling from Connecticut
- Originates from: Ontario County, New York, United States
- Introduced: 1800
- Developed by: Heman Chapin
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1788
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1921-004
- Harvest period: Late season
- Harvest period: Very-Late season
- Flowering period: Mid-Late season
- Flowering group: 4
- Period of origin: 1800 - 1849
Melon identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Melon identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Melon trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Jerry Hudgins in Point Reyes Station, CALIFORNIA
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- 6th May 2018 - tree owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- 18th April 2017 - tree owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
Latest harvest records for this variety
- 2nd week September 2018 - tree owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.