Medaille d'Or is a traditional French bittersweet cider variety, originating in the 19th century. It flowers and ripens very late.
Medaille d'Or apple
A traditional French bittersweet cider variety.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: France
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 3387
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1989-095
- Uses: Hard cider
- Flavour quality: Very good
- Harvest period: Very-Late season
- Use / keeping: 1-2 months
- Cropping: Good
- Flowering period: Very-Late season
- Flowering group: 6
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Gardening skill: Some skill needed
- Period of origin: 1850 - 1899
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Medaille d'Or trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- David A Dawson in SOLSBERRY, INDIANA
- Ryan Parsell in LANGLEY, WA
- Thomas Griffith in COTTAGE GROVE, WI